I love this time of year, because I’m able to use my grill without standing outside and freezing myself in the process. I have both a charcoal and a gas grill, and enjoy using both of them. I grill meat, fruit, vegetables, and sometimes cake, like in this Grilled Pound Cake with Berries recipe.
Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and mint; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in remaining sugar. Add lemon juice and peel; beat until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Serve with berry mixture and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Grilled Romaine Hearts
- 3/4 cup Daily Chef 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise with cores intact
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar. Generously brush over all surfaces of romaine. Grill romaine, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 1-2 minutes or until slightly charred and wilted, turning once. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings.