Fish tastes so good when it is grilled. If you want to know how to do it properly, click on the video link below and be a pro! Try this delicious recipe and feed the family something good today!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium nectarine, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- FISH FILLETS:
- 2 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash salt
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover
- and refrigerate until serving.
- Drizzle fillets with oil; sprinkle with salt. Using long-handled
- tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the
- grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in.
- from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish just turns
- opaque. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 1/2 cup salsa equals 247 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.