Halloween seems to me at least, to have grown by leaps and bounds, to become a huge holiday. I seem to remember Halloween as more of a children’s thing. The candy, the haunted houses, the sugar hangovers😉. Nowadays it seems that the adults might be more excited to dress up and throw parties more than the children!
Our time as culinary specialists with the TOHCS has our busiest season smack dab in the middle of Halloween, and I have found myself on the road more times than not on October 31st. I thank the current technology that keeps me in the the loop. I can FaceTime my family and virtually go house to house with them from any motel bed in the country!
As my time is limited the cooking and baking duties fall to the lovely mother of my children, my Dana. With me on the road she just does not have the time to scratch bake like I do. Wrangling our girls and working doesn’t leave a whole bunch of time, so convenience foods are perfect for the busy mom! Here is a great cupcake recipe I came across on the TOH archive that I know your going to love, so simple so so easy!
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 fudge-striped cookies
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- White decorating icing
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for
- cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes. For bat wings, cut cookies in half;
- insert two cookie halves into each cupcake.
- Gently press chocolate kisses into frosting for heads. Add eyes with
- decorating icing. Yield: 2 dozen.