I know that we all had a very long winter, and through all of the icy snow and cold chilling winds, my mind was full of hopeful visions of green grass and sunshine!
Make your summertime super cool with these refreshing drinks that will quench your thirst and make your whole family happy!
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups English breakfast tea leaves or 20 black tea bags
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Remove peels from lemons; save fruit for another use.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or
- until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the
- heat; add tea leaves and lemon peels. Cover and steep for 15
- minutes. Strain tea, discarding tea leaves and lemon peels; stir in
- lemon juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Store in the
- refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare tea: In a tall glass, combine water with 1/4 cup
- concentrate; add ice. Yield: 20 servings (5 cups concentrate).
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, honey and ginger to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain,
- discarding ginger. Cool.
- Transfer to a pitcher; stir in soda and lemon juice. Serve
- immediately over ice. Yield: 5 servings.