Did you know there is actually a day to celebrate Kitchen Klutzes of America, and I have certainly been known to fall into this category more than once! If you experience more disasters in the kitchen than usual, this is a blog post, just for you! Whether you’re dropping eggs on the floor, blowing the lid off of your blender, or bumping the freshly frosted 3 layer cake off the counter top, remember, that even the professionals can have kitchen disasters! I’ve dropped several eggs on the floor over the years, and the slimy mess can be a real pain to clean up. But, if you don’t mind waiting a little while to clean it up, here’s a video with a handy trick that works for me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TEk84tDDek
If you decide to eat out tonight, instead of trying your luck in the kitchen, that’s okay. But, if you’re willing to risk it, try these Foolproof Mushrooms or this 5 ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Trifle.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 30 small fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; spoon into mushroom caps.
- Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 mushroom equals 29 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein
Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding, whipped topping and peanut butter cups. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.