Here’s a great use for all of your sweet tomatoes!
64 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours Process: 15 min./batch
- 6 pounds tomatoes
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Using a slotted
- spoon, place tomatoes, a few at a time, in boiling water for 30-60
- seconds. Remove each tomato and immediately plunge in ice water.
- Drain and pat dry. Peel and finely chop tomatoes to measure 9 cups.
- In a stock pot, combine the tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until