Good for you, and delicious, this carrot recipe is colorful and full of flavor!
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or parsley
- In a large skillet, saute carrots and garlic in oil and butter for 3
- minutes. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until carrots
- are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine) equals 2 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 106 calories, 64 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 6 gm fat.