Add a little spice to dinner tonight! Try these delicious ribs!
4 ServingsPrep: 1 hour 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds pork spareribs
- JALAPENO BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub onto both
- sides of ribs. Place ribs, meat side up, on a rack in a foil-lined
- roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; simmer,
- uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning several times. Reheat
- remaining sauce and serve with ribs. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor’s Note: Ribs may be baked and sauce may be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated. Then grill and baste for 15 minutes or until heated through and nicely glazed. We recommend wearing disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. Avoid touching your face.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (14 ounces) equals 937 calories, 56 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 1,651 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 56 g protein.