Whether from the grill or the stovetop, burgers are always great for dinner!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a small saucepan, heat sauerkraut and caraway seeds; keep warm.
- Shape pork into two patties. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or
- broil 4-6 in. from heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 160°.
- Top each patty with cheese; continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Drain sauerkraut. Place patties on buns; top with sauerkraut.
- Replace bun tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 456 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.