This breakfast casserole hits number 1 in our Top 10 recipes. It’s great for breakfast and dinner!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 Eggland’s Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon
- mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 273 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.