This Hot Milk Cake, could become your family’s favorite top 10 too!
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick
- and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is
- light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder;
- gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is
- melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.