Learn how to make gravy, from scratch, that tastes just like Grandma’s, in three simple steps by clicking on the link below. Once you’ve mastered the technique, pair it with a juicy Tuscan Pork Roast.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 5 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, rosemary, oil and salt;
- cover and process until mixture becomes a paste. Rub over the roast;
- cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place roast fat side up on a greased baking rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or
- until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3-1/2 ounces cooked pork equals 184 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.