Yes, today is my birthday! When I was in college, the birthday cake of choice among my roommates was usually a variation of this Toffee Poke Cake recipe. Along with the butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping that is drizzled on top of the cake, we poured a can of sweetened condensed milk on top, too! Either way you make it, it’s delicious.
Toffee Poke Cake
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 jar (17 ounces) butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake. Pour 3/4 cup caramel topping into holes. Spoon remaining caramel over cake. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream Pie
- 1 bottle (7-1/4 ounces) chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) peanut butter cups, chopped
- Following package directions, drizzle half of the ice cream topping over crust; gently spread to coat bottom and sides. Freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, set aside six cherries for garnish; chop remaining cherries. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and chopped cherries. Spread into prepared crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups; drizzle with remaining ice cream topping.
- Garnish with reserved cherries. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.