How about this creamy dessert for your loved one tonight?
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 9 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the cream, egg yolks and sugar. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick
- enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place cups in a
- baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture
- will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- One hour before serving, place custards on a baking sheet. Sprinkle
- each with 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for
- 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 551 calories, 50 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 402 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium