Macaroni and Cheese is a top recipe among all kids. Add a mature twist with this “Wednesday Dinner Winner” recipe from Taste of Home’s. Kick up your run in the mill mac and cheese with Taste of Home’s Smoky Macaroni.
- Prep/Total Time: 25 min. Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and onion until tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into skillet. Add sausage, cheese and peas. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add the macaroni; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,244 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.