I’m lucky enough to celebrate National Peach Month with my very own peach trees! Last summer, here in Indiana, we had a serious drought, but I was not about to let my trees go! Everyday, I carried buckets of water in order to save my beloved trees. I’m happy to say they are still going strong and they should be ready to pick soon.
Peaches are a great source of Vitamin C and dietary fiber, and they taste pretty good too!
Here are two recipes from www.tasteofhome.com that I use to personalize my precious peaches!
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly;
- transfer to a blender.
- Add the peaches; cover and process until smooth. Fill cylinder of
- ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer sorbet to a freezer container; cover and freeze for 4 hours
- or until firm. Yield: 3 servings.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4