In my garden, one corner holds the secret ingredient to a lot of my dishes. Horseradish! I love its spicy goodness that it adds to sauces, soups and more! When people ask me what I put into my culinary creations, and I tell them horseradish, they can’t believe it!
From the two recipes below, you will find how horseradish has been added to everyday dishes to give them a WOW for your hungry crowd!
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash paprika
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- bowl, mash the yolks. Add mayonnaise, horseradish, dill, mustard,
- salt and pepper; mix well. Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle
- with paprika. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped radishes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cider or tarragon vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into a cup
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Cover and
- refrigerate. Serve in a pepper cup with vegetables for dipping.
- Yield: 1-1/2 cups.