Is your oven turning your kitchen into a sauna after a long day of baking? Here’s a away to make pizza without your oven! Skillet Pizza is this weeks Dinner Winner. Make the delicious pizza you love without the unbearable heat of the oven.
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 12-in. electric or stove-top skillet. Prepare pizza crust according to package directions.
- Line bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of the skillet with dough. Combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and oregano; spread over dough. Layer pepperoni, onion, green pepper and olives over sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium heat (set electric skillet to 375°) for 15 minutes or until crust is brown on bottom and cheese is melted. Slide out onto a cutting board and cut into wedges or squares. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 pizza (12 inches).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 438 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.