Going to a potluck dinner anytime soon? Looking for a hit recipe that can feed many mouths? Try one Salsa for a Crowd, one of Taste of Home’s “Top 10 Potluck” favorites! With Salsa for a Crowd, your next potluck will be a fiesta for all!
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min Yield: 56 Servings
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- corn chips or tortilla chips
- Place two undrained cans of tomatoes in a large bowl; drain the two remaining cans and add tomatoes to the bowl.
- Stir in the chopped fresh tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, lime juice, cilantro, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic and seasonings. Stir in jalapeno if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 56 servings (1/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 22 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.