If I had to pick a favorite food it would probably be salmon, no wait, maybe pasta, or cheese, or just seafood in general or veggies, Let’s face it, we all have more than one favorite food, so if I had to pick one, how about salmon since I make it quite often, usually grilling it, it’s easy and fast and good for you too!
And what’s better than eating one of my favorite foods; making a recipe that has a couple of my favorite foods all together, salmon, cheese, veggies and pasta! That’s even better, so here are some great recipes that I am going to add to my favorite list, and with grilling season upon us I am sure I will be making these often.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 package (7 ounces) mozzarella and Asiago cheese with roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle salmon with seafood seasoning. Cook in batches on an indoor grill for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Drain spaghetti and broccoli; transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cheese, oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound fully cooked salmon, flaked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in cream and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add the salmon, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain linguine and broccoli; add to the skillet. Stir in the cheese, basil, capers and lemon peel. Yield: 4 servings.